[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problem with Ken' PIC interface - Input OK - Output only Neutral-Code

Problem with Ken' PIC interface - Input OK - Output only Neutral-Code

Postby Lucien » Thu Dec 27, 2001 8:00 pm

I need your help.
I purchased the pic-kit from Ken Hewitt, assemled but it does not do the job as aspected. With a scop I detect the ppm inputsignal on the PIC and it varies with the stick positons of the TX. But the output signal does not seam to change. The output is well a signal that is recognized by the FMS as a neutral postion of the sticks.

Configuration:
Transmitter : Graupner/MC24 with master/slave connectors
PC: Laptop for tests, and second PC for playing

Any idea about the problem ?
Lucien Meyer[br]Luxembourg
Lucien

Postby Ken Hewitt » Fri Dec 28, 2001 9:10 am

Make sure you have the correct interface selected in the controller options, it must be the 9600 Baud one.

If you have a scope then check that there is an output signal on pin 2 of the 9 way connector, if there is no output then the fault is on the PCB somewhere, so check all soldered joints etc.

If you still don't have any luck send it back to me and I will get it working for the cost of the return postage too you ( about 3.00 USD)
Ken Hewitt[br][url]ken@welwyn.demon.co.uk[/url][br]
Ken Hewitt

Postby Lucien » Fri Dec 28, 2001 8:10 pm

Thank you for your answer.

I have an output signal on pin 2 of the connector and the FMS is configured with 9600 baud as it is mentioned in your assembly decscribtion.

I will send it back to you and I am curious whatever you will find.

Best regards

Lucien
Lucien

Postby Trader1 » Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:07 pm

I am having problems configuring my Ken Hewitt PIC Serial Interface too. I have checked and rechecked the port settings and trying every variation I can think of with no success. I hope somebody can help me in identifying the problem. My equipment is as follows:
Futaba T8UAF Tx, P4 1.33 MHz with Windows 2000 O/S, Com 1 Port Settings as follows: Bits per Second - 9600, Data Bits - 8 , Parity - None, Stop Bits - 1, Flow Control - None. Advanced Com port settings are as follows: Receive Buffer - 14, Transmit Buffer - 11. I have made sure that 'Com 1' and the 9600 'Protocol' was selected in FMS also. Is there any settings I must change to my Tx before using? Can somebody please help me...? Thanks you.
Trader1

Postby Lucien » Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:56 am

Hello Folks.

My interface is back from Ken.

He check it and it works after he had do the sreen on right place of the stereo jack.

After reception it does not work in my configuration.
Knowing that it worked in the config from Ken I restartet on checking what is comming out of my TX.

Because I use the original slave-output on my MC24 the signal is not on the tip but in midle of the jack. ( The tip is 9 V) The screen is opposite the tip.

After this, I have rechecked the COM settings in the control panel and modified the settings to < no flow control >.

And now it works.

I'm anjoing the FMS.

Thanks to all the developpers (HW,SW, Idees, etc) for her good work.

Now I will learn how to fly an heli and I am following the advise of John Long and begin with the Hughes.

Thanks to all

Lucien Meyer
Lucien

Return to PIC Interface