[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Scenery Objects disappeared in FMS

Scenery Objects disappeared in FMS

Scenery Objects disappeared in FMS

Postby DrDaveJ » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Objects (Trees and Shacks) show in FMSXYZ and in a Text Editor - but in FMS, none are visible.

The problem .scn file was created using copy of another file. And the problem file worked fine until recently after I was playing with changes.

The original file and other .scn files all work fine.
Models are all visible and fly normally.

System is WinXP/SP2, and no changes have been made to OS or settings. Other Graphics (photos, etc) are working.

Did I delete a needed line of code - or part of some data?

Thanks in advance.
Dave
DrDaveJ

Postby ggunners » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:59 pm

You may have exceeded the maximum objects allowed in a .scn file. Try removing some objects.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby DrDaveJ » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:44 am

Coincidentally, I was just about to come back in here with this feedback.
As you suggested, there definitely are many objects. However, out of desperation, I opened the preserved copy and re-entered all the tweaks. It worked.
So, I went back through the problem file and to my own surprize, I figured this out!

At the end of one of the objects, I had the following lines (Line Numbers shown here):

102 END Trees
103 ///////////////////

It SHOULD have been:
101 ///////////////////
102 ////END Trees
103 ///////////////////

Thanks anyway for the prompt reply!
Dave
DrDaveJ

Re: Scenery Objects disappeared in FMS

Postby RaWe » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:23 pm

Hello gentlemen,

Am totally new to this and not sure if wanna start. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to include a complex 3d object, such as an aircraft as a static object in a scenery?

regards
RaWe
RaWe

Postby KEW » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Yes, it is possible to add complex objects. One of my own scenes has a detailed cabin with a deck with handrails and steps, a fully detailed picnic table, a dock and a power boat with an outboard motor. It also includes a lake, trees and a tree panorama.

There are limits to how much you can add, but I have not seen these specified anywhere. The limit depends on the size of the .bmp files used for the map and objects. It also depends on how many of these bitmaps are called in the program. You can maximize the number of objects by calling each object bitmap only once, and programming all of the object parts that use that .bmp before you call another one.

I have tried to find the limits and found that by using one bitmap to make identical trees, I could program less than a hundred before the graphic memory started doing strange things - e.g. trees appearing on the ground inthe place of the grass.

good luck,

KEW
KEW

Postby RaWe » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:59 am

Thanks for the reply.

Is there an easier way to modify any of the scenery files to include the object? My 3D graphics skills are OK but I don't have a progamming mind....
RaWe

Return to General Discussions